Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adsense, boost your payout 400%, no really

I implemented this tactic myself yesterday on one of my sites and my CTR has risen 300% and it has not been 24hrs yet. Needless to say I will spend the rest of the morning making changes to my Adsense ads across my network location.

What's this?

Sorry can not resist the intrigue.

It is very simple. Using the banner 728 x 90 Leaderboard I added small images / photos above each ad at 140 x 100.

These photos are largely related to the ads and draw the visitor's eye to the ad. That only the announcement perhaps would not do. Once their eye is drawn they read the ad text below the image and they are much to click.

Google already knows of this tactic and I know a number of people approached them via email before implementing the images. Obviously nobody wants their account suspended. The good news is Google are fine with them, for now at least. Although a few warnings are out in respect of animated images not being appropriate. So no flash or animated gifs!

You can watch this in action on one of my spots - http://www.how-to-make-money-online.info/

You can not see the above page.

Now I hope that this new information to you. If so I know it will be damn useful. And most profitable!

The advantage of this over Google's own 'image ads' is, you choose the image for an ad and basic text calls for another. As I'm sure you're aware of ads work better than text ads image. This seems to work better than both separately by combining them together, the main thrust came from you can choose the most appropriate image to your site content.

No comments: